Applying For Online Jobs – Hints And Tips
The following hints and tips may appear obvious but quite often you can miss something when applying online:
Before you apply:
- Find out as much information as you can about the company (look at their web site) and its vision/values etc. Check to see if there is anything that matches with your skills and experience.
- Check that you are applying for the correct job!
- Consider your application carefully – you will only get one chance to make a first impression.
When you apply:
- Don’t apply too late.
- Ensure that it is clear from your application what YOU have actually achieved or done!
- Review your CV to check whether it needs updating or a change of emphasis for the current application.
- Ensure that your CV emphasizes tour online marketing skills and experience that you have which match those specified in the job advert.
Your cover letter:
- Send a covering letter highlighting your interest in the online job and and your suitability for it.
- Look carefully at the job advert and highlight in your covering letter where your online marketing skills and experiences match those requested.
- If you don’t have the requested experience or qualifications, but you believe that you could still do the job, emphasize the reasons why.
- Check your contact details: email, phone number, address!
- Check that the job reference is correct!
- Don’t send off your Online application form without reviewing it again.